The Malta FA’s Protests Board has not upheld Mosta’s protest filed in relation to their recent Premier League game against Valletta.
In the match played back in February 19, Mosta were held to a goalless draw by the Citizens in a match that saw both teams finish the match with ten men following the dismissal of Mosta defender Jacob Akrong and Valletta forward Niltinho.
Niltinho was the subject of the protest lodged by Mosta as according to the Blues the player could have not signed for Valletta last January since he had already registered and played with two other clubs this season before moving to the Capital club, something that it is not permitted by FIFA Transfer Regulations.
Prior to his move to Valletta, Niltinho was on the books of Greek club Panachaiki after he was released by Brazilian club Nautico in the summer.
“The match, played on February 19 at the Hibernians Stadium, ended in a goalless draw. Mosta FC had filed the protest claiming the ineligibility of Valletta FC player Nilton Soares Rodrigues. Following the decision of the Protests Board, the result of the said match stands,” the Malta FA said in its statement.
World Cup News
/ 2 weeks ago
A set of six jerseys that Lionel Messi wore during Argentina’s victorious 2022 World...
Saudi Arabia is prepared to host the 2034 World Cup in summer or winter,...
Saudi Arabia is in line to host the 2034 World Cup after FIFA announced...
Rights groups called for “binding commitments” from World Cup host nations after Australia opted...