Lance Stroll will drive in Formula One’s opening race of the season in Bahrain on Sunday after recovering from a wrist injury, his Aston Martin team said on Thursday.
The 24-year-old Canadian suffered the injury in a bike accident in February and missed pre-season testing in Bahrain as a result.
“It was an unfortunate accident,” Stroll said in a statement.
“I fell from my bike when my tyre caught a hole in the ground.
“But thankfully the damage was not significant and a successful minor surgery on my right wrist fixed the problem very quickly.
“Since then I’ve been working hard with my team to ensure that I am fully fit to compete this weekend.”
Stroll – whose billionaire father part-owns the team – finished 15th in last year’s championship accruing 18 points.
He will be partnered in this year’s competition by Spain’s two-time world champion Fernando Alonso.
World Cup News
/ 3 weeks ago
A set of six jerseys that Lionel Messi wore during Argentina’s victorious 2022 World...
Saudi Arabia is prepared to host the 2034 World Cup in summer or winter,...
Saudi Arabia is in line to host the 2034 World Cup after FIFA announced...
Rights groups called for “binding commitments” from World Cup host nations after Australia opted...