fbpx
Connect with us

BOV Premier League

Malta FA rejects Mosta’s protest over goalless draw against Sirens

The Malta FA Protest Board has not upheld a protest filed by Mosta FC against the result of their Premier League clash against Sirens, which was played on February 3, the local governing body of football announced.

Mosta FC protested as they contended that Sirens had 15 non-homegrown players in their squad, one more than the maximum allowed of 14 according to the MFA regulations.

The Blues contended Sirens had one of their foreigners released by the Malta FA after the January transfer window shut down on January 31 which they said was a breach against FIFA regulations.

However, the MFA Protest Board still decided to not uphold Mosta’s protest.

“The Malta Football Association’s Protests Board has not upheld a protest filed by Mosta FC in connection with their BOV Premier League match against Sirens played on Saturday 3rd February 2024,” the local governing body of football said in a statement.

“The result on the pitch had been 0-0, following which Mosta FC had filed the protest requesting that the result be declared null and void due to the alleged ineligibility of a Sirens FC player. 

“The club claimed that Sirens FC had registered with them a number of non-homegrown players over the maximum allowed of 14 such players.

“Following the decision of the Protests Board, the result of the said match (0-0) stands.”

In its ruling, the MFA Protest Board referred Sirens to the Board of Control, Discipline, and Ethics “to investigate if and why there were more than fourteen players as required by Article 9A(i) of the Competition Rules.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

World Cup News

Advertisement

More in BOV Premier League