Investigation report set to be wrapped up by the end of October
The Malta Football Association has decided to give its Safeguarding Officer, who is currently leading the inquiry into the behaviour of national teams’ head coach Devis Mangia, until the end of October to wrap up his report.
This was announced by president Bjorn Vassallo during the association’s Executive Board meeting that was held at the Centenary Hall yesterday.
Mangia is currently suspended from his duties after last month two national team players reported him of improper conduct.
The Italian coach has been accused by two players of sexual harassment and was immediately relieved off his duties pending an investigation.
The Malta FA launched an inquiry on the case and referred the case to the Safeguarding Officer who was given the job to to investigate the allegations made, gather information and compile a report about the case.
President Vassallo told the Executive Board that the association’s Safeguarding Officer had requested more time to continue with his investigations into the matter. He has now expected to wrap up report by the end of October.
The Malta FA chief reiterated the association’s steadfast commitment to do everything in its power in pursuit of facts.
Meanwhile, during Tuesday’s meeting the Malta FA has officially recognised the Malta Premier League (MPL).
The statute of the MPL has been duly filed with the association. The Board of Directors of the MPL will be composed of a chairman and a representative of every club competing in the top division of Maltese football.
Former Prime Minister Joseph Muscat was named as the chairman of the Malta Premier League and is spearheading the clubs’ talks with the Malta FA on the body’s plans to revive Malta’s top-flight championship.
“Today’s milestone paves the way for discussions within the MPL on the professionalization of the BOV Premier League. In line with the Malta FA strategy, the association’s objective is that the Premier League becomes a stand-alone competition,” the MFA said in a statement.
It was also announced that a new committee for women’s football was set up in September with the aim of drawing up a new strategy for Women’s football.
The early phase of the strategic planning will focus on groundwork research in the domestic leagues followed by the identification of concrete action points and projects aimed at the sustained development and growth of women’s football in Malta.
World Cup News
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez on Tuesday blasted as “insufficient” the apology given by...
Spain’s Women’s World Cup hero Olga Carmona paid tribute to her father on Monday...
Spain midfielder Jenni Hermoso defended Spanish football federation president Luis Rubiales after he came...
Sunday’s World Cup final between England and Spain is the final act of a...